Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (Philhealth) is the most affordable health insurance in the Philippines. It is a social insurance program that provides a means for the healthy to pay for the care of the sick and for those who can afford medical care to subsidize those who cannot.
Every Juan should be a Philhealth member. It doesn't take much to apply.
1. Go to https://eregister.philhealth.gov.ph/
2. Fill up the registration form and attach a scanned copy of your birth certificate
3. Wait for the confirmation e-mail
4. You will then receive your Philhealth number after a few days.
5. After receiving your Philhealth number, just go to Philhealth office near you and get your ID.
Get your Philhealth ID
Go to the nearest Philhealth office near you and ask for the Philhealth Member Registration Form or PMRF. Fill up the form and submit it. They will print out your ID in just a few minutes.
In my case, I went to Robinson's Otis and got my Philhealth ID. Go there on a Thursday or Friday to avoid long lines. I got mine in less than 10 minutes!