Angeles City is one of the fastest-growing cities outside of Metro Manila. It is in the province of Pampanga and it is only a couple hours drive from Manila. Mount Pinatubo, the volcano that erupted violently in the 90’s that resulted in the evacuation of the US military from Clark air base is now a tourist attraction. The former airbase is now a sprawling cosmopolitan metropolis with lots to offer to tourists. There are many accommodations in Angeles city to choose from. Oasis hotel is our favorite since it is affordable and the location is great. It is a family-friendly hotel.
Here are the things that you can do in Angeles, Philippines:
1. Mount Pinatubo Sky Tour @ OMNI Aviation (around $100 per person). Get to see the famous crater of Mount Pinatubo from up high. It is an unforgettable experience for me.
|Mount Pinatubo crater|
|Cessna Plane in OMNI|
2. Take your kids to Fontana Leisure Park. This is a great place to visit if you are traveling with your family.
3. Take an exciting ride through the valley of Sapang Bato and enjoy the hot spring and Spa at the end of the trip. You can make inquiries at Puning Hot Spring Spa Phone (6345)499-0629 or 499-0630 .
4. Play golf at Clark Freeport Zone. The golf courses here are beautiful and challenging.
5. Join the Hot air balloon fiesta on February 9-12, 2012. This is a fun filled event with thousands of people participating. Book any Angeles city hotels now and get to join the Balloon festival next month.